Tuesday, October 30, 2007
The Armenian - US Congress Irony
In today's Flint Journal, there is an article regarding Flint area Armenians, who are lobbying the US Congress to pass a non-binding resolution that would declare that Turkey committed "genocide" against Armenians in 1915.
Turkish people also claim that Armenians committed "genocide" against their people and Jews as well. Maybe Turks will start their own lobbying campaign as well if they haven't already in this regard.
SEE: http://www.tbmm.gov.tr/yayinlar/yayin3/arm111_150.pdf (Warning - some pictures are of corpses)
The irony of the US Congress and the Armenian bill is that our Federal legislature is contemplating passing a resolution, which has little to nothing to due with America, yet the US Congress has yet to pass a resolution, which apologizes for one of the greatest crimes against humanity that our Federal government sanctioned at one time. That would be the chattel slavery of African-Americans.
How many hundreds of thousands of Africans perished while crossing the "Middle Passage" from West Africa to America? How many African-Americans were killed and raped by their masters? How many of the "Founding Fathers" such as Washington and Jefferson were slave owners?
Our representatives would appear more sincere if the Congress apologized to their fellow Americans about slavery before passing non-binding resolutions related to events that were outside our Nation's actions or control.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- Conference on Muslims in Europe begins on Friday
- European group accussed of enslaving Chadian and D...
- The Armenian - US Congress Irony
- Why Halloween is impermissible for Muslims
- MSU to hold conference on America's top selling po...
- Walid gives sermon - "Peace Between Brothers"
- Walid speaks about misrepresentations of Islam and...
- Message for Friday - The Weakness is Internal
- Muslim - Jewish dialogue for understanding & peace...
- Juror of HLF trial speaks
- HLF mistrial a stunning defeat for US government, ...
- Cole & Meek discuss HLF mistrial on Democracy Now
- No need for students to fear right wing blowhards
- Civilian children and clergy killed in raid, Kurds...
- Yesterday's Islamophobia/Islamophilia conference a...
- Irrational policy regarding PKK
- Message for Friday - Some food for thought
- Islamophobia at U of M Flint
- "Prince Among Slaves" documentary playing tomorrow...
- Walid speaks to Muslim youth regarding dangers of ...
- Happy Eid from the Empire State Building
- Saying of Prophet Muhammad (SAAS) on the last day ...
- Last day of Ramadan is today for most mosques in M...
- Eid Mubarak or Eid Confusion?
- More coverage regarding Muslim-Jewish dialogue
- Saying of the day from the Seal of the Prophets (S...
- Walid speaks about Muslims in America and students...
- Saying from the Seal of the Prophets (SAAS)
- Saying of the day from the best of creation (SAAS)...
- Walid speaks about the conflict between rights and...
- Happy Columbus Day?
- Wisdom from the Messenger of G'd (SAAS)
- Saying of the day from the Leader of the Prophets ...
- Walid speaks regarding the Night of Power
- Walid speaks about social justice in Islam during ...
- Saying of the Beloved of G'd related to recent imm...
- Jews, Muslims break bread at Ann Arbor home
- Saying of the day related to jihad (struggle)
- Saying of the day from the Messenger of G'd (SAAS)...
- Walid speaks about importance of cultivating mutua...
- Saying of the day from Prophet Muhammad (SAAS)
- Start of last 10 nights of Ramadan
- Walid speaks at Cranbrook regarding Ramadan and ne...
- Radio host says that white people go to Harlem for...
- Attack on Imam Ali (KW) - 19th of Ramadan
- ▼ October (45)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier