Thursday, November 09, 2006
Message for Friday - Satan desires us to act from anger
الَّذِينَ يُنْفِقُونَ فِي السَّرَّاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَالْكَاظِمِينَ الْغَيْظَ وَالْعَافِينَ عَنِ النَّاسِ وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ
Those who spend [for the pleasure of G'd] in prosperity and in adversity,who repress anger, and who pardon men; and G'd loves the doers of good. [3:134]
Part of being a doer of good, according to Islam, is to repress one's anger. Anger clouds rational thinking and lends itself towards excesses in behaviors and reactions.
عن عطية السعدي -رضي الله عنه - قال : قال رسول الله -صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم- ( إن الغضب من الشيطان ؛ وإن الشيطان خلق من النار ، وإنما تطفأ النار بالماء فإذا غضب أحدكم فليتوضأ )
Prophet Muhammad (SAAS) said, "Surely anger comes from the Satan, and surely the Satan is made from fire. Fire is extinguished with water. So when any of you become angry, make ritual ablution (wudu')."
The fires of anger and aggression are put out by taking the time to rethink one's position and to remember how G'd would want us to accordingly.
Washing one's self with water, then praying to G'd for tranquility and clarity of thought is a prescription.
Being driven by on-going hatred and emnity not only provokes unjust responses but also consumes the hater with a sense of hell in this life, driving them further and further down into the depths.
And surely G'd knows best.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- ► 2007 (332)
- Michigan Civil Rights leader condemns violence aga...
- Message for Friday - Verification of news and test...
- 1 male charged with 3 felonies for assault on Detr...
- Walid comments on need for Federal probe into atta...
- Muslim leaders allege hate crime in Detroit
- Walid's pre-9/11 anniversary sermon
- Walid interviews "Zaydi" in Dearborn
- Walid addresses youth regarding civil rights
- Community update regarding LIFE/Comerica Bank situ...
- Walid comments on praying in public in airports
- The truth about the Council on American-Islamic Re...
- Message for Friday - Lack of interaction breeds ra...
- Imams denied passage by U.S. Airways - U.S. Airway...
- Passing of Imam Rasul Madyun (rh)
- Black Church leaders vow to focus on the plight of...
- Walid gives sermon - Comerica Bank issue raised
- Message for Friday - Islam condemns racism
- Congress' first Muslim can build bridges
- Walid speaks to Muslim youth
- Should Muslims do business with Comerica Bank?
- Message for Friday - Satan desires us to act from ...
- AMERICA'S FIRST MUSLIM ELECTED TO CONGRESS!
- CIOM Unity Banquet a Huge Success
- Message for Friday - Remembering and thanking G'd ...
- Walid speaks at community event in Farmington, Mic...
- CAIR rep. discusses the right to wear the head sca...
- Walid addresses dental school faculty and students...
- ▼ November (27)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier