Thursday, November 02, 2006
Message for Friday - Remembering and thanking G'd obligates us to appreciate each other
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ
فَٱذْكُرُونِيۤ أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَٱشْكُرُواْ لِي وَلاَ تَكْفُرُونِ - 2:152
G'd says in the Qur'an: "Remember me then I will remember you, and be thankful to me and do not be ungrateful."
In Islam, remembering G'd is more than singing praises; the peak of rememberance is obeying G'd in our daily endeavors, including education and economics.
مَنْ أَطَاعَ اللَّه فَقَدْ ذَكَرَ اللَّه
"Whoever obeys G'd most certaintly has remembered G'd." - Prophet Muhammad (SAAS)
Obeying G'd opens the door for the human to receive and benefit more from the blessings and mercy of the Creator. Once the human recognizes that G'd is the source of all blessings, this summons the human to show thanks to his Beloved.
G'd blesses the individual with human beings that assitance and benefit in daily endeavors with HIS permission. In recognition of G'd using fellow humans as instruments of assistance, appreciation should also be shown to others.
لا يشكر الله من لا يشكر الناس - إسناد صحيح رواه أحمد وأبو داود والترمذي
"He does not thank G'd whoever does not appreciate people." - Prophet Muhammad (SAAS)
G'd has set up a method to maintain and enhance the collective pyschological health of society through the recognition of others' good deeds and achievements. Think of how many daily conflicts in work places and schools could be averted if time is taken to recognize and show appreciation for the merits and good deeds of others.
And surely G'd knows best.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- ► 2007 (332)
- Michigan Civil Rights leader condemns violence aga...
- Message for Friday - Verification of news and test...
- 1 male charged with 3 felonies for assault on Detr...
- Walid comments on need for Federal probe into atta...
- Muslim leaders allege hate crime in Detroit
- Walid's pre-9/11 anniversary sermon
- Walid interviews "Zaydi" in Dearborn
- Walid addresses youth regarding civil rights
- Community update regarding LIFE/Comerica Bank situ...
- Walid comments on praying in public in airports
- The truth about the Council on American-Islamic Re...
- Message for Friday - Lack of interaction breeds ra...
- Imams denied passage by U.S. Airways - U.S. Airway...
- Passing of Imam Rasul Madyun (rh)
- Black Church leaders vow to focus on the plight of...
- Walid gives sermon - Comerica Bank issue raised
- Message for Friday - Islam condemns racism
- Congress' first Muslim can build bridges
- Walid speaks to Muslim youth
- Should Muslims do business with Comerica Bank?
- Message for Friday - Satan desires us to act from ...
- AMERICA'S FIRST MUSLIM ELECTED TO CONGRESS!
- CIOM Unity Banquet a Huge Success
- Message for Friday - Remembering and thanking G'd ...
- Walid speaks at community event in Farmington, Mic...
- CAIR rep. discusses the right to wear the head sca...
- Walid addresses dental school faculty and students...
- ▼ November (27)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier