Thursday, September 20, 2007
Message for Friday - Prayer is the weapon of the beleiver
الدعاء سلاح المؤمن، وعماد الدين ونور السماوات والأرض
Prophet Muhammad (SAAS) said, "Supplication is a weapon of the faithful, a pillar of the religion, and the light of the heavens and the earth."
During Ramadan, Muslims devote themselves more in prayer, supplication and rememberance of G'd. The Islamic teaching is that prayers are answered only if the prayer believes that their prayers will be eventually answered.
Thus, the strength of a Muslim resides soley in his/her faith, not in numerical, military or monetary strength. Muslims that seek soley to alleviate difficult conditions via the accumulation of funds or weapons are misguided.
Connect to G'd with prayer
الله نور السموات والأرض
G'd says in the Qur'an (Surah Al-Nur: 35): G'd is the Light of the Heavens and the earth.
The Light of G'd illuminates the intellect of the believer, which guides him/her towards success in the material world. Humility through sincere prayer is a recognition that G'd is the Powerful and the Giver, who is the sole One that can guide aright and protect against danger.
And surely G'd knows best.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- Burma has long record of persecuting Muslims
- Walid speaks about "Building Bridges" at Thomas M....
- Message for Friday - If you want more, give more
- Iranian university chancellors ask Bollinger 10 qu...
- Walid speaks about Islam & the Constitution
- Ramadan meal aims to deepen understanding
- Do the clerics of Iran want nukes?
- Message for Friday - Prayer is the weapon of the b...
- Strange few days in the news?
- Walid speaks regarding misconceptons about Islam a...
- Islamic teachings is the standard scapegoat
- Walid to speak in Saginaw area about Islam
- Saudi scholar slams Bin Laden
- No marijuana inside and outside of Ramadan
- Profile of Ish Ahmed
- Detroiter makes impact on U.S. Muslim community
- Walid gives sermon about inner aspects of Ramadan ...
- Walid speaks regarding the Mercy of ALLAH (G'd)
- Xenophobic legislation built upon confusion?
- Message for Friday - Keep the inner fast
- Walid comments on holy month of Ramadan
- Concurrent holy days unite Jews & Muslims
- Blessed Ramadan!
- Walid speaks about increased Islamophobia 6 years ...
- Reflecting upon 9-11
- Comments at grand opening of Islamic school
- Walid speaks at program with African scholars rega...
- US Muslims wary of giving charity
- Grand opening of new Islamic facility in Hamtramck...
- Walid comments on lack of Iraqi Muslims being allo...
- Rebuttal to op-ed regarding "footbaths"
- Anti-profiling issue in Hamtramck
- Message for Friday - Growth comes via tests
- Forum with Department of Treasury regarding charit...
- The don'ts of Ramadan
- MI congressman attacks mainstream Muslim group
- ▼ September (36)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier