Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Contradictory polices regarding Iraq
I just wanted to presented a couple of glaring contradictions regarding the Bush administration's policies regarding Iraq.
The more current contradiction is regarding our policy towards Iran as it relates to Iraq. On one hand, the Bush administration states that Iran is part of the "Axis of Evil" and is one of the major reasons of the instability in Iraq. On the other hand, "our guys" in Iraq and Afghanistan are not only on friendly terms with Iran but are also supported by them.
The older contradiction that has faded away is our excuse for being in Iraq in regards to promoting democracy in the region. Is there democracy in Iraq now with the current administration and legislature now in Iraq?
If we want to bring about democractic reform in the Middle East, shouldn't we have started with Egypt, who receives the most foreign aid from American besides Israel? Then again, maybe we don't want democracy in Egypt because the Egyptians might vote like the Palestinians did in the last election, right?
Of course, entire books can be writen about these two glaring contradictions.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- December (25)
- November (23)
- October (45)
- September (36)
- Walid comments on new TSA rules that affect Muslim...
- Message for Friday - Change comes from within
- 1 year anniversary of my blog
- Islamic and Jewish holy times start on same day th...
- Walid delivers sermon in Ann Arbor
- Message for Friday - Mujahideen does not equal "ho...
- Feds attempting to levy fee upon uncharged Muslim ...
- Two charities searched, one closed, one still open...
- Good points in recent LA Times editorial regarding...
- European Christian missionaries in Iraq?
- Walid discusses racial profiling in Hamtramck
- Resources for studying the current crisis and civi...
- Walid gives sermon - "Spiritual qualifications of ...
- Message for Friday - G'd gives us conditions
- Walid scheduled to be on talk radio discussing div...
- Save Darfur Coalition embellishing stats?
- Sunni - Shi'i cooperation in Michigan
- Contradictory polices regarding Iraq
- W. Deen Mohammed speaks about NOI
- Walid gives sermon regarding intellect's role in I...
- Message for Friday - Islam is the religion of inte...
- Hamtramck Muslim politicians in the mainstream
- Blog on African-Americans in Islam on BET
- Agents target charity offices
- Charity probes worry South Asians
- Walid gives sermon - "Mercy with all people"
- Message for Friday - All men are children of Adam ...
- Is media coverage of terrorist activities responsi...
- July (26)
- June (19)
- May (29)
- April (22)
- March (28)
- February (22)
- January (29)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier