Thursday, October 12, 2006
Message for Friday - Extremists are enemies to Islam
On the 19th day of Ramadan approximately 1,300 years ago, the Commander of the Faithful Ali bin Abi Talib, cousin of the Prophet Muhammad, was attacked leading the Dawn prayer in Kufah, Iraq. He passed on the 21st of Ramadan due to the wounds inflicted upon him by the Kharijite Ibn Muljam.
Ibn Muljam was from an extremism movement of his time that believed that any Muslim who committed a grave sin should be punished by death if the Muslim did not publically repent for their error. Ali's sin, in their eyes, was that entered into a peace treaty after a brief civil war with a group of Muslims who opposed his leadership as head of state.
Sadly today, there are fanatics who opperate off of their emotions who seek to oppose their standards upon others at all costs with disregard to the revelations of G'd. This can be seen on a personal level, to so called "honor killings" in Pakistan to terrorism by extremists in places such as Iraq.
قوله صلى الله عليه و سلم :" إياكم و الظنّ فإنّ الظنّ أكذب الحديث ، و لا تحسّسوا ، و لا تجسّسوا ، و لا تنافسوا ، و لا تحاسدوا ، و لا تباغضوا ، و كونوا عباد الله إخوانا
The Prophet Muhammad stated, "Avoid suspicion for surely it can lead to the most fallacious speech. Do not spy upon each other, do not engage in [ill-intended] competition among each other, do not envy each other and do not despise each other. Be you, oh servants of G'd, brothers!
Below is a speech given about this topic during Ramadan 2003 in Dearborn, Michigan.
Cut & paste the link below to listen:
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- ► 2007 (332)
- Bigot of the Month of October - Pat Robertson
- Walid receives 'Community Service Award' at banque...
- Walid comments on double-standard of freedom of ex...
- Response to Nolan Finley's editorial - "Ex-jihadis...
- Message for Friday - Muslims are not allowed to be...
- Walid speaks at health disparities & social justic...
- Walid comments further on issue of face veil in Ha...
- CAIR Executive Director on C-SPAN today
- Joint call from Mecca: End Bloodshed in Iraq
- Eid Mubarak!
- Walid comments on woman denied justice because of ...
- "Building Islam in Detroit Project" opens at MSU
- Walid speaks to doctors and health care profession...
- Message for Friday - The Night of Power
- Walid speaks at University of Michigan - Dearborn
- Walid gives diversity training at Comerica Operati...
- Islamic Scholars respond to the Pope's speech
- Islam & Affirmative Action
- Walid comments on more Muslims observing the fast ...
- U of M Holds "Immigrant Day" Event
- YAF Plays 'Catch' Amid Protests
- Walid's statement at the University of Michigan - ...
- Message for Friday - Extremists are enemies to Isl...
- Walid comments on Danish cartoon
- Congressmen support CAIR
- Keith Ellison victim of Islamophobia
- Walid addresses the meaning of "Jihad"
- Walid comments about 'Catch an Illegal Immigrant' ...
- CAIR-MI CONDEMNS 'CATCH AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DAY'
- Walid comments about discrimination & wearing the ...
- At what age did Ayesha marry?
- Walid gives sermon in Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Media coverage of Walid speaking at Ford Motor Cor...
- Sudan: No Genocide in Darfur
- Message for Friday - Seek forgiveness and having t...
- Walid comments on diversity seminars to be held at...
- Walid speaks at Ford World Headquarters regarding ...
- Rwanda: The Month of Ramadan - A Time to Reflect
- MSU administration supports diversity training reg...
- Michigan Muslims and Jews break fast together
- Detroit Cardinal, Muslims reaffirm dialogue
- ▼ October (41)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier