Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Bigot of the Month of October - Pat Robertson
Pat Robertson, evangelical talk show host, earns the dubious distinction of being the bigot of the month. Earlier this month, he went on a tirade calling Prophet Muhammad a fake and the Qur'an being a fradulent book. Although he has the right to reject the Qur'an, this recent statement is one of many malicious statements that he has made about other faiths, who do not adhere to his creed including Episcopalians, Presbyterians and Methodists. He is the epitome of a religious extremist.
Last year, Robertson called for the assassination of a head of a sovereign nation, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. Imagine if an Imam were to have said something similiar about the President of Israel or the Prime Minister of Great Britain. Of course, he would be rotting in jail at this very moment.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- ► 2007 (332)
- Bigot of the Month of October - Pat Robertson
- Walid receives 'Community Service Award' at banque...
- Walid comments on double-standard of freedom of ex...
- Response to Nolan Finley's editorial - "Ex-jihadis...
- Message for Friday - Muslims are not allowed to be...
- Walid speaks at health disparities & social justic...
- Walid comments further on issue of face veil in Ha...
- CAIR Executive Director on C-SPAN today
- Joint call from Mecca: End Bloodshed in Iraq
- Eid Mubarak!
- Walid comments on woman denied justice because of ...
- "Building Islam in Detroit Project" opens at MSU
- Walid speaks to doctors and health care profession...
- Message for Friday - The Night of Power
- Walid speaks at University of Michigan - Dearborn
- Walid gives diversity training at Comerica Operati...
- Islamic Scholars respond to the Pope's speech
- Islam & Affirmative Action
- Walid comments on more Muslims observing the fast ...
- U of M Holds "Immigrant Day" Event
- YAF Plays 'Catch' Amid Protests
- Walid's statement at the University of Michigan - ...
- Message for Friday - Extremists are enemies to Isl...
- Walid comments on Danish cartoon
- Congressmen support CAIR
- Keith Ellison victim of Islamophobia
- Walid addresses the meaning of "Jihad"
- Walid comments about 'Catch an Illegal Immigrant' ...
- CAIR-MI CONDEMNS 'CATCH AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DAY'
- Walid comments about discrimination & wearing the ...
- At what age did Ayesha marry?
- Walid gives sermon in Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Media coverage of Walid speaking at Ford Motor Cor...
- Sudan: No Genocide in Darfur
- Message for Friday - Seek forgiveness and having t...
- Walid comments on diversity seminars to be held at...
- Walid speaks at Ford World Headquarters regarding ...
- Rwanda: The Month of Ramadan - A Time to Reflect
- MSU administration supports diversity training reg...
- Michigan Muslims and Jews break fast together
- Detroit Cardinal, Muslims reaffirm dialogue
- ▼ October (41)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier