Saturday, December 01, 2007
Travesty in Sudan, British teacher should be released ASAP
The inappropriate 15 day jail sentencing of the British school teacher for ALLOWING her students to name a teddy bear "Mohammed" gave off residual stench yesterday in Khartoum, a protest after the Friday sermon calling for her death.
Besides the fact that the naming allowance appears to have been perfectly innocent and not an insult, it is also telling that the shaykh, who called for her death and the marchers from yesterday have a disregard for their own rule of law.
How in the world can the marchers go to the streets with knives and clubs calling for death in response to a 15 day sentence that was excessive? With this type of mentality, there is no wonder why Sudanese people have been slaughtering themselves for over a decade.
Hopefully, the two British Muslims from Britain's upper house that are in Sudan calling for the teacher's release will be successful in their mission. She needs to get out of jail and Sudan ASAP.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- Political unrest in Kenya & Pakistan, how the medi...
- Walid speaks about the role of networking at Islam...
- Ghadir Khumm is a lesson in Islamic unity accordin...
- Metro Detroit Muslims donate substanial amount of ...
- No Friday message in lieu of murder of Bhutto
- Walid speaks about FAQ in Flint
- The virgin birth of Jesus (AS) according to Islam
- Palestinian Christians prepare for Christmas, call...
- Message for Friday - G'd loves those who...
- Hajj message from the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia
- Eid Mubarak!
- "Prayer is a key player" but is this interfaith pr...
- Hajj begins today
- Darfur horrors aren't 'genocide'
- Message for Friday - The Philosophy of Sacrifice D...
- Islamic conference in a couple of weeks in St. Lou...
- Eid to be on the 19th of December, not the 20th - ...
- Walid speaks about the importance of Dhul-Hijjah &...
- Fatwa against terrorism rementioned
- Protest to take place at CMU today regarding noose...
- Message for Friday - Taking care of family is a sa...
- Clarification regarding Sufism and Extremism
- Iran welcomes US Intelligence nuclear report
- Brit pardoned by Sudanese President for teddy bear...
- Travesty in Sudan, British teacher should be relea...
- ▼ December (25)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier