Thursday, December 27, 2007
No Friday message in lieu of murder of Bhutto
G'd says in the Qur'an in the first chapter:
1)With the name of G'd, the Merciful Benefactor, the Merciful Redeemer
2)The Praise/Thanks belongs to G'd, the Evolver, Guardian & Sustainer of the Worlds
3)The Merciful Benefactor, the Merciful Redeedem
4)Master of the Day of Judgement
5)You alone do we worship, and you alone to we ask for assistance
6)Guide us on the straight path
7)The path of those who have been favored, not of those who have earned your wrath and have gone astray.
I decided to postpone my normal Friday message in lieu of today's political assassination of Benazir Bhutto, a Pakistani opposition leader.
It's truly ashame that the political environment within Pakistan has deginerated to the level where political candidates are murdered in cold blood, especially a female candidate.
As much as one disagrees with her political views or anyone's political views for that matter, resorting to violence as a means to express political discontent or to quell opposition is completely uncivilized.
May G'd grant comfort to her family during this trying time, and may He guide the Pakistani people aright. AMEEN!
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- Political unrest in Kenya & Pakistan, how the medi...
- Walid speaks about the role of networking at Islam...
- Ghadir Khumm is a lesson in Islamic unity accordin...
- Metro Detroit Muslims donate substanial amount of ...
- No Friday message in lieu of murder of Bhutto
- Walid speaks about FAQ in Flint
- The virgin birth of Jesus (AS) according to Islam
- Palestinian Christians prepare for Christmas, call...
- Message for Friday - G'd loves those who...
- Hajj message from the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia
- Eid Mubarak!
- "Prayer is a key player" but is this interfaith pr...
- Hajj begins today
- Darfur horrors aren't 'genocide'
- Message for Friday - The Philosophy of Sacrifice D...
- Islamic conference in a couple of weeks in St. Lou...
- Eid to be on the 19th of December, not the 20th - ...
- Walid speaks about the importance of Dhul-Hijjah &...
- Fatwa against terrorism rementioned
- Protest to take place at CMU today regarding noose...
- Message for Friday - Taking care of family is a sa...
- Clarification regarding Sufism and Extremism
- Iran welcomes US Intelligence nuclear report
- Brit pardoned by Sudanese President for teddy bear...
- Travesty in Sudan, British teacher should be relea...
- ▼ December (25)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier