Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Iran welcomes US Intelligence nuclear report
So it looks like the Iranian "Axis of Evil" regime was actually telling the truth about its peaceful nuclear program while the Bushies were fudging, huh?
Iran welcomes U.S. intelligence nuclear report, Israel calls for tighter sanctions
TEHRAN, Dec. 4 (Xinhua) -- Iranian officials on Tuesday welcomed a new U.S. intelligence report that concluded the Islamic Republic is not actively building a nuclear weapon, while Israel said the report justified the need for tighter international sanctions on Tehran.
"We naturally welcome those countries that had questions about Iran's nuclear case in the past and now correct their views realistically," Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki was quoted as saying by the state radio.
"The whole world is becoming to know that Iran's nuclear activities are peaceful," he added.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini, in a statement faxed to the media on Tuesday, also welcomed the U.S. intelligence report as "positive and factual."
The report reflected the elaboration of 16 U.S. intelligent services and confirmed that Iran's nuclear program is peaceful and no violation is detected, Hosseini said.
Therefore, the previous claims of U.S. officials turned out to be totally baseless, Hosseini said, adding that sending Iran's case to the UN Security Council had been "illegal."
Iran's government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham, commenting on the U.S. intelligence report, said on Tuesday that Washington should "pay the price" for its accusations against Tehran.
"U.S. officials have so far inflicted many damage on the Iranian nation by spreading lies against the country and by disturbing public opinion, therefore, they have to pay the price for their action," Elham said.
Mohamed ElBaradei, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), said Tuesday that the latest U.S. intelligence report on Iran's nuclear activities was "consistent" with the organization's findings in recent years.
"Although Iran still needs to clarify some important aspects of its past and present nuclear activities, the agency has no concrete evidence of an ongoing nuclear weapons program or undeclared nuclear facilities in Iran," ElBaradei said in a statement.
This new assessment by the United States should help to defuse the current crisis, and encourage Iran to more actively cooperate with the IAEA on its current nuclear activities, he added.(MORE)
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- Political unrest in Kenya & Pakistan, how the medi...
- Walid speaks about the role of networking at Islam...
- Ghadir Khumm is a lesson in Islamic unity accordin...
- Metro Detroit Muslims donate substanial amount of ...
- No Friday message in lieu of murder of Bhutto
- Walid speaks about FAQ in Flint
- The virgin birth of Jesus (AS) according to Islam
- Palestinian Christians prepare for Christmas, call...
- Message for Friday - G'd loves those who...
- Hajj message from the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia
- Eid Mubarak!
- "Prayer is a key player" but is this interfaith pr...
- Hajj begins today
- Darfur horrors aren't 'genocide'
- Message for Friday - The Philosophy of Sacrifice D...
- Islamic conference in a couple of weeks in St. Lou...
- Eid to be on the 19th of December, not the 20th - ...
- Walid speaks about the importance of Dhul-Hijjah &...
- Fatwa against terrorism rementioned
- Protest to take place at CMU today regarding noose...
- Message for Friday - Taking care of family is a sa...
- Clarification regarding Sufism and Extremism
- Iran welcomes US Intelligence nuclear report
- Brit pardoned by Sudanese President for teddy bear...
- Travesty in Sudan, British teacher should be relea...
- ▼ December (25)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier