Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Message for Friday - The caller is like the actor
It is narrated that Prophet Muhammad (SAAS) said, "The one who guides towards excellence is like the one who does it."
People who have refined the art of eloquence can sway the hearts and minds of many. In fact, many eloquent speakers can influence their audiences without using logic but connecting through emotional appeals.
Hence, the callers to faith and civic responsibility have the weighty responsibility of mobilizing the public towards wholesome, constructive behaviors within society. Their ability to influence can be a powerful catalyst in bringing about good.
It is also narrated that Prophet Muhammad said, "The one that guides towards evil is similiar to it."
American law recognizes the illegality of those who call towards mischief; it is referred to as incitement. People, for instance, who incite others through their speech towards violence bear some of the responsibility of the active participants whether the inciters took part in the actions or not.
One example of this is the hate websites and blogs ran by terrorists to Islamophobes that incite hatred towards certain groups of people. They have a burden to bear for the actions of those who were inspired by their diabolical rhetoric. Although they may not face justice in a court of law, they most certaintly will answer to G'd for every word.
And surely G'd knows best.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- Walid meets with OIC reps to discuss interfaith di...
- Walid gives sermon regarding materialism
- Shunning materialism
- Sharing religious texts between the People of the ...
- Walid addresses ending torture
- UN says Darfur conflict triggered by environmental...
- Message for Friday - Help the oppressed and the op...
- Few Iraqis find refuge in the U.S.
- Regarding funding of the "footbaths"
- Walid gives "Know your rights" presentation
- American Muslim civil rights complaints up 25%
- Sunni & Shi'i imams speak out against terror bombi...
- Walid urges unity after attack on shrine in Iraq
- Walid addresses Muslim unity
- Message for Friday - The caller is like the actor
- U of M "foot bath" station is about hygiene
- CAIR - 13 years of service
- Walid speaks about being patient during opposition...
- Message for Friday - Be part of the solution, not ...
- ▼ June (19)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier