Thursday, August 31, 2006
Bigot of the Month of August - Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
Senator Rick Santorum receives the dubious distinction of being the Bigot of the Month of August due to his vociferous, anti-Muslim statements.
Due to the latest polls stating the 63% of the American public disapproves of how the Republicans are handling the situation in Iraq, Mr. Santorum is propagating his Islamicphobic message that Americans have a "common enemy" [Muslims] and that our war in Iraq is against "Islamic fascism."
During this charged election season, Mr. Santorum is attempting to play on the fears and general illiteracy of the American public about Islam by equating Islam with the doctrine of fascism, which was practised by the likes of Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini.
Just one year ago, Mr. Santorum suggested that Hurricane Katrina victims should be punished for not evacuating New Orleans before the storm hit.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- ► 2007 (332)
- Message for Friday - Muslim Merchants Must be Ethi...
- Walid Addresses the Problem of Sensationalist & Ir...
- Bigot of the Month of August - Sen. Rick Santorum ...
- Racism & Islamophobia - Double Trouble for African...
- Response to Islamophobic editorial of Cal Thomas
- "Dialogue among Civilizations" not "Clash of Civil...
- Walid to speak at Zaman International conference
- Short biography (bio) of Dawud Walid
- African-Americans, Arab-Americans & Latino-America...
- Walid to speak at Interfaith panel on Mideast
- Walid comments on racial profiling by U.S. Airways...
- ▼ August (11)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier