Tuesday, December 05, 2006

FITNESS USA DISCRIMINATES AGAIN!

It's obvious that Fitness USA managerial staff needs more training about dealing with their Muslim patrons as well as the 1st amendment. You would think that a Fitness USA employee in Dearborn, Michigan, which has the 2nd most dense population of Muslims in Michigan, would know better.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061205/LIFESTYLE04/612050368/1041

Muslim woman cites gym after interrupted prayer

Dearborn resident says her complaint to Fitness USA manager about patron went unheeded.

Gregg Krupa / The Detroit News

DEARBORN -- Fitness USA, a gym chain, is investigating an alleged civil rights violation involving a local Muslim woman who says her afternoon prayer was interrupted by a fellow patron, and that her complaint to management about the situation was rejected.

"The manager told me, 'You have to respect her (the patron), but she does not have to respect your God,' " said Wardeh Sultan of Dearborn. "I've had my membership for seven or eight years, and I've never had a problem with praying there.

"I told that manager, 'I can't believe you said that' " Sultan said. "Honestly, I feel humiliated and I feel ashamed, right now, to go back to Fitness USA."(MORE)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger