Tuesday, February 20, 2007
The Middle Passage - Holocaust of Africans
Of the 15 million slaves that were brought to the Americans during the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, estimates range that 30 million to 100 million slaves perished before making it to the Americas in the infamous sea route known as the Middle Passage. There is no crime against humanity that can compare in years of protracted brutality and amounts of death. The only story that comes close in comparison is the 400 years of captivity, which the Children of Israel suffered in Egypt according to the scriptural narratives.
The Middle Passage is the area of the Atlantic Ocean where slave ships sailed between the west coast of Africa to the Americas. The areas where the largest concentrations were taken were Muslim lands (Senegal-Gambia, Hausa land, Sierra Leonne, and Ghana). See the book written by the Non-Muslim African history scholar Dr. Sylviane Diouf entitled "Servants of ALLAH: African Muslims Enslaved in the Americas."
Has an apology ever been given regarding this holocaust? Have the offspring of these people been given justice? How many wealthy families and corporations that currently exist owe their wealth to the blood, sweat and tears of the victims of the African holocaust? Are they willing to give reparations?
Don't hold your breath.
- News (133)
- Audio (107)
- Islamophobia (55)
- Islamic messages (50)
- Interfaith (32)
- General Islamic knowledge (29)
- Opinion (24)
- Opinion editorials (22)
- Intrafaith (18)
- Video (18)
- Darfur (16)
- African-Americans in Islam (13)
- Hadith (12)
- Fatwa (9)
- Terrorism (9)
- Announcement (6)
- Media appearance (6)
- Obituary (4)
- Foot bath (3)
- Iran (3)
- Iraq (3)
- awards (3)
- Africa (2)
- Press release (2)
- Anniversary (1)
- Biography (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Jena 6 (1)
- Xenophobia (1)
- Message for Friday - The True Renewers of Faith Ha...
- Refutation of Irshad Manji
- Walid's speeches in the US Virgin Islands
- Walid speaks in the US Virgin Islands
- Message for Friday - Man is the brother of man
- Farrakhan takes podium once more
- A Primer on Islam
- The Middle Passage - Holocaust of Africans
- Detroit leaders welcome Nation of Islam convention...
- Walid speaks about holding on tightly to "the Rope...
- Message for Friday - Pure secularists consider rel...
- Walid discusses Malcolm X at University of Detroit...
- Walid on NPR's All Things Considered - Michigan Mu...
- Islam and Black History Month
- Walid mentions growth of African Muslims in Michig...
- Walid speaks about respecting culture in Islam
- Message for Friday - Caring for neighbors is a sig...
- Rwandan troops most respected in Darfur - say that...
- Walid speaks about Sunni & Shi`ah relations
- Walid discusses Islamophobia
- Walid speaks to Muslim youth about avoiding extrem...
- Walid speaks at MSU regarding Islam's position aga...
- ▼ February (22)
- Tariq Nelson
- Short bio of Dawud Walid
- Razi Hashmi
- Profile Story on Dawud Walid
- Precious Rasheeda Muhammad
- Nihad Awad
- Muslim Hip Hop
- Michigan Muslim
- Karen Dabdoub
- Juan Cole
- Islam 101
- Hussam Ayloush
- Hajj service company (Highly recommended)
- Faheem Shuaibe
- Edgar Hopida
- Dawud Walid's lectures (video)
- Dawud Walid's lectures (audio)
- Dawud Walid on NPR's Talk of the Nation
- Dawud Walid on New Africa Radio
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Ahmed Rehab
- Ahmed Bedier